How to VFF
Victoria Film Festival – February 6-15 • 2015
Film festivals can sometimes seem overwhelming. If it's your first time, you probably have a lot of questions. And we're here to answer them. Here's a general overview which we hope will give you a better idea of what to expect. See you in February!
For information about venues, travel and parking, and tickets and passes, please visit our At the Theatre page.
Program Guide & Schedule
How to get the program and schedule
Our program guide provides you with everything you'll need to find and see films. It provides information about the films, events, tickets and everything else you'll need at the VFF.
Our programs will be available online at victoriafilmfestival.com in early January 2015. They will also be available to pick up at our office (1215 Blanshard St., Victoria B.C., V8W 3J4) and in local stores beginning early January 2015.
How to read the schedule
A schedule of our films can be found in the program guide.
Listed run times are approximate and subject to change. They are scheduled to allow for introductions and Q&A periods.
The schedule and programme have been colour coded by programme type for your convenience. To select a film based on its programme type, find the corresponding coloured box. Please check victoriafilmfestival.com for the most up-to-date schedule information and film ratings.
Info & Updates
Looking for current, up-to-the-minute info about the Victoria Film Festival? You've made a great start; our website is a fantastic resource for Festival info. Use the search tool or browse through our site at victoriafilmfestival.com. You can also like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or check out our blog. Never miss out again.
Tickets & Passes
Victoria Film Festival Box Office:
Online (24 hours): boxoffice.victoriafilmfestival.com
Box Office: 1215 Blanshard St. • Victoria, B.C.•V8W 3J4
December 1–January 10: 10-4 Mon–Fri
January 13–February 15: 10-4 Mon–Fri
By phone: 250 389 0444 (same hours as Box Office)
Film Pass: $145
- Admits holder to all regular film screenings (excludes Gala and special event films)
Gold Pass: $325
- Admits holder to all regular film screenings
- Opening Gala
- All In Conversation With
- End of Festival Bash
Platinum Pass: $600
- Admits holder to all regular screenings
- Opening Gala
- End of Festival Bash
- SpringBoard Industry Pass Access
- Sips 'n' Cinema
- Pass provides reserve seating up to 20 minutes before screening
SpringBoard Pass: $99
- Admits holder to Friday's Opening Talk, panel & pitch, three Networking Receptions, and In Conversations With...
Sidney Pass: $99
- Admits holder to all regular screenings in Sidney. Cannot be used at any screenings in Victoria.
During the Festival:
We recommend that everyone buy their tickets early. Same-day, cash-only tickets will, however, be on sale at the door 20 minutes before the show. No exchanges. No refunds. Program subject to change.
As a ticket holder, you will be required to show your pass or ticket at each screening you attend. Membership fees are inclued in pass fees. Please carry valid photo identification so that we may spot check that passes are being legitimately used as passes are non-transferable.
Learn about picking up tickets on our At the Theatre page.
All Festival attendees are required to have a valid membership to attend screenings
- Membership cost is an annual fee of $2 paid each year and can be purchased at the same time as tickets.
- Memberships are required because we show unclassified films (those that haven't been passed by the BC Film Classification Board).
- In order to view unclassified films all attendees must be 18+ and be members of the Society showing the films.
- By becoming a member of the Society, you are entitled to purchase tickets and passes to any of our film screenings.
You have questions. We're here to answer them. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more info or call us at 250 389 0444.
Please note that certain films suitable for younger audiences have been classified and people under 18 years of age may attend these without being a member of the Society. For a list of classified films which may be attended by children under 18, please check our program.