This text goes nowhere.
NYPD cop John McClane goes on a Christmas vacation to visit his wife Holly in Los Angeles where she works for the Nakatomi Corporation. While they are at the Nakatomi headquarters for a Christmas party, a group of robbers led by Hans Gruber take control of the building and hold everyone hostage, with the exception of John, while they plan to perform a lucrative heist. Unable to escape and with no immediate police response, John is forced to take matters into his own hands.
Top London cop PC Nicholas Angel is good. Too good. To stop the rest of his team looking bad, he is reassigned to the quiet town of Sandford. He is paired with Danny Butterman, who endlessly questions him on the action lifestyle. Everything seems quiet for Angel until two actors are found decapitated. It is called an accident, but Angel won’t accept that, especially when more and more people turn up dead. Angel and Danny clash with everyone while they try to uncover the truth behind the mystery of the apparent “accidents”.
The Vic Theatre are partnering with Goldstream Distillery to present the iconic cult classic, The Big Lebowski, on Friday, December 10.
Tickets are $20 and include:
- White Russian cocktail, courtesy of Goldstream Distillery
- Tasting of Goldstream Distillery’s spirits samples
- The Big Lebowski-themed costume contest where the winner receives a special prize from Goldstream Distillery
- Screening of The Big Lebowski
Schedule for the night:
- 6:45PM – Doors open
- 6:45-7:30PM – Cocktail at the concession bar and Goldstream Distillery samples tasting in the lobby
- 7:30PM – The Big Lebowski costume contest with prizes from Goldstream Distillery, followed by stand-up comedy by Bryan O’Gorman and Andrew Barr
- 8:00PM – Film screening
In January 2021, Bryan’s second album opened at number one on iTunes’ comedy charts, and his many credits include being featured on MTV, Much Music, The Comedy Network, Sirius-XM Radio, The Edinburgh Fringe Festival, The Melbourne Comedy Festival, Just for Laughs, National Lampoon Radio, the Montreaux comedy festival and the CBC.
With his unique combination of grumpy and silly, Andrew has delighted audiences nation-wide with featured performances on CBC’s Laugh Out Loud, SiriusXM, The Icebreakers Comedy Festival, the YYC Comedy Festival, Montreal Sketchfest and iChannel’s No Kidding.